Current Available Positions
Share on Social
MS4 Stormwater Administrator
The purpose of this position is to organize, plan, and mobilize the City’s efforts under the state Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System permit program (MS4) and be the Floodplain Manager for the City of St. Albans. The person in this position will act as facilitator and leader to encourage and achieve compliance, and achieve objectives; develops and implements procedures and programs to achieve compliance with the City’s Minimum Control Measures contained in the MS4 permit; develops and implements procedures and programs to achieve compliance with the WV DEP and National Flood Insurance Program.
Experience Minimum Qualifications
- Working knowledge of various computer applications, including MS Word, Excel, and Publisher
- Working knowledge of department and standard office policies and procedures
- Ability to write reports, prepare business letters, and summaries with proper format and grammar
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions, work alone or with others in a team environment
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with co-workers, employees, other City departments, and the public, including being sensitive to professional ethics, gender, cultural diversities, and disabilities
- Ability to comply with all employer and department policies and work rules, including, but not limited to attendance, safety, and apply OSHA safety regulations applicable to work performed drug-free workplace, and personal conduct
- Must be able to attend regular monthly board meetings and keep minutes.
- Continually communicate with WV DEP to ensure St. Albans’ is in full regulatory compliance and prepared for any future requirements.
- Must do all certifications and training required for MS4 Administrators and Floodplain Managers.